How to implement an open pixel
What is Paved's open pixel?
The pixel is a snippet of HTML code that appears as a transparent 1x1 pixel. It is invisible and won't affect your newsletter design at all.
Paved creates a unique pixel for each campaign. It's important that you use the right pixel or your reporting will be off. Some ESPs, like Revue, do not allow users to use tracking pixels. In these instances, please let us know ahead of time and we'll ask you to submit additional reporting to email@example.com
Where do I find the open pixel for my campaign?
- Click here to go to your campaigns.
- Select the campaign you’re intending to send as a draft
- Navigate to creative and click ‘manage’.
Here in campaign creative, you will find all the details for the sponsorship. Make sure you include the correct open pixel, the correct links, and, of course, the correct creative.
Important info to Remember:
- Don’t include the open pixel or links in a template - The open pixel will change for each and every campaign you send, even if it is with the same advertiser.
- Don’t copy information from an old campaign - Paved tracks your open rate and CTR using the link and open pixel. If you use info from old campaigns, your data won’t reflect properly and the advertiser will have no proof that this campaign was sent.
Where to Implement the Open Pixel in Your Email
Copy the ‘Open Pixel’ snippet from your campaign. It will look something like this:
<img src='https://www.vpdae.com/open/00000.gif?opens=1' width='1' height='1'>
and paste it anywhere in the <body> section of your newsletter.
If you don’t know how to access the body code of your email editor, check out our ESP-specific Ad Network tutorials for more detail.
If you've tried to include the pixel in your draft and it is still rejected, this article will guide you through the debugging process.